Total 8 Page 1/1
1. Where will I do my banking?The closest bank and ATM are on campus on the second floor. The bank service includes internet banking and debit card, overseas remittance, etc.2. How can I get Internet access?Wireless internet is available throughout the academic buildings, residence halls, and most administrative buildings. There are also public computers available in computer labs across campus and in the residence halls.3. Is there any chance I can network with other Korean or Non-Korean students? (Networking opportunity)KDI School provides various opportunities for cultural exposure to its international students. For Korean experience, there are field trips to places in Korea. For networking with Korean and non-Korean students, you can mingle with each other through opportunities such as Happy Hour, Festival, Sports day, Mountain Hiking, as well as a Home visiting program and a buddy program.All KDIS students can join the student forum for research interests and student clubs for their hobbies.4. How can I activate my cellphone?There are 3 service providers who all offer Prepaid and postpaid services, which one you choose to subscribe to is entirely up to you, regarding the dimensions of the sim cards, it depends on the cell phone you're using and what type of card it can take if need be it can be cut down to size, however, "Micro sims and Nano sim cards" are very common.5. Are there religious services available on campus?There are opportunities for religious activities on campus. Please check the student club activities when you arrive. The Prayer Room (on the third floor of the school building next to the library) is open for students to personally fulfill their own spiritual and religious needs as fit their schedules.
Temporary Leave outside of Korea
1) Temporary leave during the semester is not allowed. Temporary Leave during the break period (spring, summer, winter) can be granted only if students obtain permission from KDI School.*Any departure without prior approval from the school shall be subject to the monthly stipend deduction for the entire period of such leave.2) If you plan to travel to a 3rd country (not Korea nor your home country), a certificate of travel insurance should be submitted along with ''Request for Temporary Leave Form''3) You may take a temporary leave for a period of up to 30 days during your entire study period. Prorated deductions will be made in the monthly stipend if your length of temporary leave exceeds 30 days.*This condition may differ depending on your scholarship regulation. e.g. NIIED, and KOICA4) All the expenses incurred from the temporary leave shall be borne by students.Temporary leave applications on MIS will be opened a month before the end of each semester.Consult with Student Affairs Division before applying and submit the application at least 2 weeks before the break period.The guideline for the temporary leave application is attached below.- Exit:Re-entry permits by the Immigration office and submitting the copy to Student Affairs Division is mandatory.*Leaving Korea without a re-entry permit will result in the cancellation of your Alien Registration.- Entry:Students are required to submit one of the following documents within seven (7) days from their arrival in Korea.1. Passport2. Certificate of entry & exit3. Boarding pass*Those who fail to report may not be entitled to a refund or payment of the monthly stipend.
Monthly Stipend (* The exact time to pay monthly stipend may vary depending on the COVID-19 Situation)
1. From when do I receive the stipend?You will be able to receive your stipend starting from the first day of orientation, not the check-in date, as written in your Certificate of Scholarship. You will receive payment in part on the first day of orientation, and receive the rest of the amount for Jan.-Feb or Aug-Sep. stipend as soon as your account in Korea is open. Therefore, you will be highly recommended to prepare small cash for the early settlement.2. When is my stipend payment date?A monthly stipend will be paid on the last business working day of the prior month. (e.g. October stipend will be paid on September 30th)3. What if I arrive at the school later than the orientation?Some detailed information about the stipend will be provided during the orientation. If you arrive at the school later than the orientation date, your monthly stipend will be paid from the date of your arrival. Therefore, we strongly recommend you arrive here at the right time.
VISA & Immigration
1. May I request to extend my D-2 visa to stay more in Korea after the stay period mentioned in the certificate of scholarship?No, KDI School will be reporting the termination of study of your D-2 Visa to the immigration office on the date of your completion. Therefore you should either choose to return to your home country within 30 days from the date or change your visa status accordingly (e.g. for employment, language study, etc.). However, the KDI School does NOT support the change process.For worse, if you are to stay in Korea without changing your visa, the School would be under a legal obligation to ask to collaborate with the embassy, and/or Ministry of Justice to prevent you from visa violation (unauthorized residence in Korea), which will cause you severe costs in the future. Please note that even if your sojourn period in your passport or foreign registration card is still valid, your D-2 visa is expired as of the date of your completion based on the report by the School. Please keep in mind that you won't be able to re-enter to come to Korea with your expired D-2 Visa after reporting your D-2 Visa termination to the immigration office.Additionally, you need to return your alien registration card at the departure airport when you leave Korea.2. What do I need to do after moving out of the dormitory?If any changes occur to your registration details, such as an address, the details must be reported to the local immigration office within 14 days of the date the change occurred.You could visit Sejong City Hall or Sodam Community Center with the following documents and go to No. 2 or No. 3 gate of the public service center located on the 1st floor. It's open from 9 am to 6 pm on weekdays.[List of documents]1) Application Form → You will get it from the city hall and fill it out on the spot.2) Alien Registration Card3) Lease of contract under your name(If it's not under your name, please submit the extra documents below)- Proof of residence(letter with a signature written by a leaseholder- The copied ID card of the leaseholder- Lease contract
1. Do I have to attend the Orientation?Orientation is an opportunity to provide essential information for life in Korea and KDI School Campus. Be sure to attend the Orientation so you do not miss any important information.2. What if I miss out on the orientation?If you miss out on the orientation, you may have difficulties collecting all the information from the school. All orientation materials will be provided in pdf files later, you will need to catch up by yourself along with the files.
National Health Insurance
1. When does National Health Insurance take effect?All foreign nationals staying in Korea longer than 6 months MUST be enrolled in the National Health Insurance, in accordance with the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health and Welfare. Your enrollment in the National Health Insurance will start from the day your Alien Registration Number is registered in the Ministry of Justice's system, which will be approximately 2 months after your arrival.2. How can I subscribe to National Health Insurance?- No action is required from students, as they are automatically subscribed to the health insurance by the NHIS- A NHI Card and subscription guide are sent to your residential address in Korea3. How much should I pay each month, and when?Monthly contributions* for international students for 2022: 52,720 KRWMonthly contributions for international students for 2023: 65,900 KRW*As of 2021, the health insurance fee is about 135,000 KRW. However, the Korean Government decided to allow international students to receive the insurance benefits with a 60% discounted (50% discounted) fee from March 2022 until February 2023 (From March 2023 to February 2024).Contribution payment: The contribution for the next month is due by the 25th of the current month(prepayment) - Pay Method: Automatic transfer (from your bank account or credit card), website, NHIS branch office, bank※ Please contact the National Health Insurance Corporation for the exact contributions.
Dial 7 for information on foreign languages
Service in foreign Languages (English, Chinese, Vietnamese and available)
* Service Hours: 9:00 am ~ 6:00 pm on weekdays4. How can I use the National Health Insurance?When you visit the hospital, Insurance benefits are automatically applied to the amount to be paid. The final billed amount is the amount after health insurance is applied. In some cases, benefits may not be applicable depending on the type of disease.5. Do I have to keep paying insurance contributions if I go to my home country (foreign country) for a long-time during vacation?Insurance contributions are exempted from leaving the country and staying abroad for more than one month. (Disqualification of subscribers)If you stay abroad for less than one month, you must continue to pay your insurance contributions
Health / Counseling Services
ON-CAMPUS HEALTHCARE ROOM
ONLINE HEALTH COUNSELING SERVICE
KDI School provides health counseling services via e-mail. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
It is highly recommended to have an online-counseling before visiting an off-campus hospital.
If you have any questions regarding the health check-up result, you can also contact us by e-mail.