KDI School offers Ph.D. programs in Public Policy, Development Policy, and Public Management. The goal of the Ph.D. program is to prepare students for careers in academia, and the public and the private sector. The program is designed to help students produce cutting-edge research in their chosen field.
Curriculum Tailored to Your Research Topic
KDI School encourages Ph.D. students to take the initiative in shaping their own course of study once they complete the required courses during the first 1~2 years.
KDI School also encourages Ph.D. students to collaborate with the faculty on research projects. Along with an emphasis on supervised research courses, KDI School provides an environment where students work closely with professors to gain hands-on research experience.
KDI School selects individuals with demonstrated potential for research. Applicants are also expected to have a research topic firmly in hand.
- Full-time: Development Policy(DP), Public Policy(PP)
- Part-time: Public Management(PM)
|Program||Development Policy||Public Policy||Public Management|
|Required Course||Ph.D Colloquium|
|Foundations of Public Policy||Foundations of Public Management|
|Economentrics Ⅰ||Advanced Research Methodology Ⅰ|
|Economentrics Ⅱ||Advanced Research Methodology Ⅱ|
|Game Theory in Public Policy|
|Development Economics : Institutions and Development||Policy Design and Evaluation|
|Development Economics : Labor and Development|
* Courses are subject to change.
* Part-time program courses are held during the evenings on weekdays or in the daytime on Saturdays.
- Qualifying Examination (QE)
- Oral Examination (OE)
- Final Oral Dissertation Defense (Preliminary Evaluation & Final Evaluation)
Minimum years of study required: 3 years
Tuition: 25,000,000 KRW (for 3 years)
- First year: 15,000,000 KRW
- Second and third year: 5,000,000 KRW respectively
- From fourth year: 1,000,000 KRW per year
- Full-time (DP, PP) : Full tuition scholarship and monthly stipend for most recipients
- Part-time (PM) : Partial tuition scholarship