- 1The fundamental mission of the KDI School ESG management is to nurture public leaders who contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) worldwide and to research related policies.
- 2Practicing ESG management at an institutional level for the achievement of the SDGs is indeed part of ESG management, hence ESG management is an integral part of SDG education through leading by example and participation.
- 3ESG management is not a secondary objective but a part of its essential mission, and thus the school eschews all forms of superficial ESG management, including greenwashing.
- 4The ESG management of the KDI School is based on the voluntary participation of all students and faculty & staff, aiming for effective and efficient achievement of goals.
Efforts to Reduce Waste and Save Energy
- Implementing a campaign to reduce leftovers in the cafeteria to cut down on food waste, strengthening recycling education for international students, discontinuing use of disposable products (paper towels, mouthwash, etc.)
- Running an electricity-saving campaign (turning off lights, air purifiers and personal PCs when not in use, shutting off lights in libraries and signs during late hours)
Establishing Eco-Friendly Infrastructure and Creating a Green Environment on Campus
- Operating solar power facilities, using tablet PCs for paperless meetings, purchasing rainwater removers to stop the use of umbrella plastic covers, installing electric vehicle charging stations
- Eliminating business vehicles and promoting public transportation use to reduce carbon dioxide emissions
- Using paper-pack water, transitioning to plastic-free campus cafes, creating business cards with eco-friendly paper
Laying the Foundation for Human Rights Management and Fostering a Culture of Human Rights Respect
- Proclaiming a human rights management declaration to improve the quality of life of members, establishing a Human Rights Center, setting up a Faculty Welfare Committee, supporting work-family balance through Family-friendly Management Certification
Social Contribution and Knowledge Sharing Projects for Mutual Growth with the Community
- Expanding employment of disabled individuals in campus cafes and student restaurants, conducting donation activities for international social contributions like the Ussuri Fund
- Signing a business agreement with Sejong City Library, conducting lectures open to public demand for knowledge sharing and mutual growth with the local community
Strengthening Transparent Democratic Management and Ethical Management Systems
- Completing the transition of contract employees without discrimination, enhancing fairness in recruitment and personnel affairs,