Students team up to form a research group according to the region or policy area of interest. The forums organize various research activities such as interview, seminar, conference, case study, literature review and data analysis.
List of Student Forums for Fall 2022
African Development Forum
Forum DescriptionThe key objectives of KDIS-ADF are
- Uniting all African Students studying at the Korean Development Institute regardless of their religions, political affiliations, race, ethnicity, or any other differences.
- Promoting and advertising African cultures, values and opportunities in the Republic of Korea and across the borders,
- Being a tool for enhancing cooperation of its members and substantially be the haven for assisting every member in difficulties and happiness.
- Prioritizing participation in matters that intensively elevate the cooperation between Africa and the Republic of Korea, and being involved in various occasions pertaining to the development of Africa, in various fields such as education, health, investment, tourism, welfare, international relations, etc.
- Helping to protect and defend the interests of our community and its legitimate members while living in the Republic of Korea.
- Being a part to defend the interest of the KDIS-ADF community and its legitimate members living in the Republic of Korea.
- Pioneering and getting involved in priorities which assist the development of Africa in various fields involving but not limited to education, health, investment, tourism, social welfare and international relations.
KAGOYA, Georgina Joyce
Forum DescriptionThe ASEAN forum was created to achieve the following objectives
- Represent ASEAN students at KDI School
- Build a strong ASEAN Community at KDI School where all ASEAN students (current students and alumni) are able to freely discuss, debate about economics, political and social issues
- Raise awareness of KDI students about ASEAN's cultural values and development through lectures, talkshow, workshops
- Strengthen the collaboration between KDI School and ASEAN countries. Slogan: ASEAN FORUM OF ASEAN STUDENTS, BY ASEAN STUDENTS AND FOR ASEAN STUDENTS
Central Asian Forum
The main goal of KDI Central Asian Forum, KDI CAF, is to introduce and promote awareness of the culture, language and people of Central Asia to KDI community. Central Asia consists of five independent republics, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and and other Turkic countries. CAF welcomes students from all culturesand regions, as our purpose is to unify and strengthen cultural exchanges between Central Asian students and students of other cultures.
Secondly, the forum is intended to bring together students and researchers from KDI and people outside of KDI who is from one of the Central Asian countries, or whose research is on Central Asia, as well as those who are interested to learn about this region. The goals of the forum are to support the new students from Central Asia, collaborate on research projects, promote and foster relationships between South Korea and Central Asian countries.
Intellectual Property Forum
The KDIS Intellectual Property Forum is a platform founded on the recognition that intellectual property has become a major aspect of economic development throughout the world, as many countries undergo or work towards the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Noting that over 40% of KDI School students are from the developing world, and are primarily studying programs that are focused on development and policy making, the forum will be a platform where students can network with professional the field of IP, research on arising IP issues affecting the world today, and share ideas on the role that intellectual property can play in the development of their own countries. This forum will be particularly useful to students who are taking IP-related classes (both MIPD and Non-MIPD students), and will unite all KDI students who seek to be at the forefront of Fourth Industrial Revolution developments in their own countries.
MOREMI, Letlhogonolo G
Latin America and Caribbean Forum
Promote dialogue between students, embassies, official representatives, academics from Latin America and the Caribbean region to enhance students' capacity to become future leaders. Furthermore, develop such interaction in order to strengthen Latin American and Caribbean representativity within KDI School as well as within South Korea.
MARTINEZ MAESTRE, Adriana Margarita
Women Leaders Forum
- Being a plataform where KDIS women could convert, bond and share.
- Building and enhance sisterhood in our community. The main aim is to empower each of our strentghness through supporting and learning from each oth.
- Supporting diverse kinding of leaderships in different context and fields. All of theses purposes in a inclsuive and intersecctional perspective
CAMPINS PINTO, Stefany Michelle