Acknowledgement of Credits
- 1Registration: Students must officially register for a course through standard registration procedure in order to receive credits. Students auditing courses will not receive credits.
- 2Attendance: All students must attend at least five sixths (5/6) of all classes in a given semester to receive credit for that course. (e.g.: If you attend the class 24 times, you should attend the class at least 20 times to get credits.)
Grading System & GPA
Students are graded according to the following system. "W" and "IW" are recorded on the transcript but are not counted toward the GPA.
- 1I : An "I" stands for "Incomplete" and is given to students who have not completed their course requirements by failing to submit assignments, reports, papers, and/or missed tests. It is up to the instructor to give an "I" to students who did not meet the requirements; however, students who received an "I" must be graded no later than four weeks after all grades are submitted to the Academic Affairs Division. The maximum grade that can be achieved is an A-. If grades are not received by the Academic Affairs Division by this time, an "IW" will appear on the student’s transcript permanently. Students who receive "I" grade will not be awarded scholarship for Academic Excellence.
- 2W : A "W" stands for "Withdrawal" and is given to students who withdraw from a class(es) within the first five to ten weeks after classes begin.
- 3IW : An "IW" stands for "Incomplete Withdrawal" and is given to students who failed to receive a grade within the four weeks after receiving an "I" grade.
- 4T : A "T" stands for "Transfer" and indicates a course in which a student has successfully received KDI School credit for coursework completed through an exchange or GMP Program.
Those students whose GPA falls below B- (2.67) shall be placed on an academic probation. Once they are placed on an academic probation, all financial aids in the form of scholarships, living allowances, and tuition waivers, etc., will be terminated, and such students will no longer be eligible to apply for CA (Class Assistant) and AA (Administrative Assistant) positions.
If a student is placed on an academic probation for a second time, he/she will be expelled from the school and will not be considered for readmission